Rebrand: Career & Employment Initiative for Young Adults
The Rebrand Skills Link program has flexible modules that directly address each individual’s barriers to employment. A holistic “balance” in programming includes: basic living skills, life management, problem-solving, career development through employment or educational planning, work exposure, intervention management and follow-up support. Case management focuses on Individual Action Plan (IAP) implementation to ensure young adults meet Program Objectives by addressing concerns/challenges systematically
The key objectives of the Rebrand program include:
- A flexible holistic approach that provides young adults with basic life skills focusing on self esteem, confidence building, and soft skills needed for improving employment and educational potential.
- Lifestyle management (food, shelter, clothing) to help young adults develop stable habits.
- Enhance employability skills and assist in developing realistic and meaningful plans to reach employment/education goals and a long-term career path.
- Connect young adults to workplace opportunities directly related to their identified career goals, correlated with current Edmonton Labour Market conditions.
- Encourage leadership and employability skills; enable young adults to be responsible and actively make meaningful career and life decisions.
- Provide links to relevant employers, community services, educational centers and resources.
- Provide a comprehensive, one-stop information hub to explore and realize career, education, and/or employment objectives.
- Provide in-depth exposure to areas of interest through interface with Edmonton industries that include information gathering interviews, tours and Work Exposure.
- Develop and foster partnerships between young adults, public/private sectors, employers, industry, and educators to benefit career development.
- Developing and fostering partnerships between youth, government, private sector, employers, industry, and educators to benefit the career development of youth.
- Connect young adults to educational institutions to support back to school plans.
This project is funded by the Government of Canada’s Youth Employment Strategy Skills Link Program.
Cost: No Fee
Duration: 14 Weeks Location: