Step-Up to Success
To provide Career and Employment Information Services (CEIS) with a focus on literacy and essential skills development leading to employment and/or training.
- Ages 18 – 64
- Must be unemployed or marginally employed
- Must be ready, willing, and able to work, or return to school
- Informed Choice Workshop
- A Detailed Personal Assessment
- Access to Resource and Job Search Centre
- Independence, Employment, and Education-focused Workshops
- Employment Placement Support
- 6-Month Follow-up Support
This program is up to 32 weeks in length (including job placement) and provides work-place incidental support, and exposure course funding.
Information Resource Centre
A self-directed resource and job search centre that provides access to job postings, resume/cover letter assistance, community boards, computers, printer, scanner, telephone, and fax machine.
All StepUp to Success program workshops focus on employment and education, which will ultimately help participants meet their career and education goals.
Program Workshops include, but are not limited to:
- Life Skills
- Career and Education Exploration
- Personal Financial Literacy
- Career Planning
- Job Search and Job Maintenance
- Computer Skills Development
How to Register: Call 403-777-JOBS (5627)
Duration: Up to 32 weeks (Including Job Placement), followed Location: Calgary - Downtown