Transition to Employment Services
This is a service for job ready individuals who have been unable to find employment on their own. Transition to Employment Services clients will work one-on-one with a Job Coach to determine their job search needs.
Transition to Employment Services modules include: Active Job Search, Basic Computer Training, and Job Search/Job Maintenance. These modules are attended on an as needed basis. Participants work with a Job Coach to determine the schedule on an individualized basis. Participants will also have the option of enrolling in other job specific training courses, as required.
Maximum length of service is 12 weeks.
Job Search/ Job Maintenance:
This module focuses on the skills needed to find and retain employment.
- Participants will learn about resume and cover letter writing, interview skills, thank you letters, etc.
- There is instruction on the hidden job market, and how and where to apply for jobs
This module covers basic computer literacy and Microsoft Office Skills.
- Microsoft Word, Excel, Power-Point, and Access
- This is an Introductory Level class
- Click here for alternative options on computer training in Calgary
Active Job Search:
We provide ongoing support and assistance from our experienced job search team, while looking for employment.
- Assistance with targeting resumes and cover letters to specific jobs
- One on One assistance with applying online and going out and talking to employers
- Mock interviews
- Job leads and job fair information given on a daily basis
- Specific Job Training/Short-term Courses as required
- 6 months of follow-up support after placement
- Must be looking for permanent, full-time employment and able to work for at least one full year from service start date.
- Open to looking at a variety of employment options. Participants cannot only be looking for employment in one specific industry.
- Participants must be between the ages of 18 - 64.
- Must be ready, willing, and able to being working immediately.
- Currently unemployed, or underemployed (working less than 19 hours per week).
- Out of the work force for no more than 2 year.
- Clients cannot already be enrolled in another training program.
- Participants must have English benchmark of 5-5-5.
Cost: No Cost
Duration: Maximum of 12 weeks Location: Calgary - Parkside Place