Calgary Career and Employment Centre
The Calgary Career and Employment Centre provides career and employment services at no cost to all Albertans over the age of 18 years old. The services we offer include resume development and critiquing, assistance with cover letters and on-line job applications, postings of local job opportunities, career counseling, resource library and access to office equipment such as computers, printer, scanner, fax, photocopier, and telephone. We also offer individual computer tutorial instruction. In addition to Webinars on essential job search topics, we offer a weekly Career Cafe/ Job Club where you can network with other job seekers to share valuable job search information.
Client Services at McBride Career Group (No Cost)
Drop In Services:
- "Job Binders" which includes current local employment opportunities.
- Written resource publications for self-help in a variety of areas including job search, career and education planning, and starting your own business.
- Access to computers and internet, printer, photocopier, scanner, fax and telephone.
- Daily newspapers and weekly community publications to keep you informed as to employment opportunities.
- Check out the "Employer Spotlight" - they could be your next Employer!
- Schedule an hour long appointment with a Career Coach to receive personalized guidance.
- Critique of your current resume along with information on how to tailor your Resume so that it contains the content and format the Employers will notice.
- Advice on how to individualize your resume and cover letters.
- Assistance and advice on how to perform an effective job search.
- Referrals to additional service providers and community services.
- Interview preparation and mock interviews.
- Assistance with Career Planning through utilization of internationally used career assessments.
- Access to hundreds of occupational profiles.
- Information pertaining to educational and training requirements for a potential career.
- Research of education institutions.
- Creation of an action plan and support in setting goals.
- One-on-one computer sessions.
- Access to hundreds of Lynda.com computer program tutorials.
Employer Services - Also No Cost:
- Showcase your organization for an entire month in our "Employer Spotlight".
- Post your current career and employment opportunities on our website, and will post them in our "Job Binders".
- Utilize our space and let us assist you host a mini "Job Fair".
- Participate in our annual Career & Employment Expo.
- Obtain resource publications that inform and target your company's needs.
Webinars are offered through the Calgary Career and Employment Centre, to register please call 403-668-5445.
Webinars are a maximum of 45 minutes and allow Career Coaches and Clients the ability to interact and discuss information in real time with the flexibility of being in different locations. They are accessed through computers, laptops and/or smart phones.
Webinars will recorded to allow clients to review and retrieve information at their own pace and time. Clients must register in order to receive an access code for sign in purposes.
Topics will include, but are not limited to: Online Job Applications; Hidden Job Market; Interview Skills; Using Social Media; Job Loss; Employment Standards; International qualifications Assessment Service (IQAS)
Cost: No Cost
Duration: Ongoing Location: Calgary - Southcentre