Okotoks Career & Employment Centre
The Okotoks Career and Employment Centre provides career and employment services at no cost to all Albertans. The services we offer include resume development and critiquing, assistance with cover letters and on-line job applications, postings of local job opportunities, career counseling, resource library and access to office equipment such as computers, printer, scanner, fax, photocopier, and telephone. We also offer individual computer tutorial instruction. In addition to Workshops on essential job search topics, we offer a weekly Network Circle/ Job Club where you can network with other job seekers to share valuable job search information.
Client Services at McBride Career Group (No Cost)
Drop In Services:
- "Job Binders" which includes current local employment opportunities.
- Written resource publications for self-help in a variety of areas including job search, career and education planning, and starting your own business.
- Access to computers and internet, printer, photocopier, scanner, fax and telephone.
- Daily newspapers and weekly community publications to keep you informed as to employment opportunities.
- Check out the "Employer Spotlight" - they could be your next Employer!
- Schedule an hour long appointment with a Career Coach to receive personalized guidance.
- Critique of your current resume along with information on how to tailor your Resume so that it contains the content and format the Employers will notice.
- Advice on how to individualize your resume and cover letters.
- Assistance and advice on how to perform an effective job search.
- Referrals to additional service providers and community services.
- Interview preparation and mock interviews.
- Information on exposure course funding and how you may be eligible for course tuition of up to $2,500.
- Assistance with Career Planning through utilization of internationally used career assessments.
- Access to hundreds of occupational profiles.
- Information pertaining to educational and training requirements for a potential career.
- Research of education institutions.
- Creation of an action plan and support in setting goals.
- One-on-one computer sessions.
- Access to hundreds of Lynda.com computer program tutorials.
Employer Services - Also No Cost:
- Showcase your organization for an entire month in our "Employer Spotlight".
- Post your current career and employment opportunities on our website, and will post them in our "Job Binders" in the High River and Okotoks offices.
- Utilize our space and let us assist you host a mini "Job Fair".
- Inquire as to how your business can benefit from Exposure Course Funding.
- Participate in our annual Career & Employment Expo.
- Obtain resource publications that inform and target your company's needs.
Events and Workshops :
Our workshops are offered at the Okotoks, High River, Turner Valley and Claresholm locations. For further information, or to register please phone (403) 601-2660 (High River location) or (403) 995-4377 (Okotoks location). Toll free: 1-844-601-2660.
Career Exploration and Planning:
Use an interactive online career exploration tool to:
- Access your abilities, interests, and work values.
- Identify careers that match your interests and skills.
- Explore different career options.
- Get information on education and training.
- Gain knowledge of the career planning process.
Learn techniques to create a resume that will:
- Highlight your skills and accomplishments and target the position you want.
- Learn to tailor your Resume to the individual position you are applying for.
- Get the basics of composing an effective cover letter.
**These techniques will help you to make a good first impression and stand out form the competition to help you get the interview!**
Internet for Work Search - Basics:
Learn the basic for an on-line job search including:
- Fundamental computer terminology.
- Create a dedicated email account for job applications.
- How to navigate job search websites.
- How to utilize a search engine effectively.
Internet for Work Search - Intermediate:
Learn how to use the internet to enhance your work search:
- Review job leads and target specific employers.
- Research information pertaining to their organizations.
- Tap into the hidden job market.
- Learn about the art of on-line networking and how to make it work for you.
- Tips for on-line job applications and how to make it work for you.
This hands-on, interactive workshop will help you to:
- Understand the different types of interviews.
- Prepare yourself for interview questions without sounding rehearsed.
- Be aware of interview etiquette.
- How to follow-up with employers.
Cost: No Cost
Duration: Ongoing Location: Okotoks