Experience Counts: Targeted Initiative for Older Workers (TIOW)
Our Goal: To provide Strathmore and surrounding area mature workers with the opportunity to:
- Update their current skills in a supportive environment
- Attain and maintain their employment goals through informed decision making
- Build their confidence and increase their current skills
The Program: Six weeks of Professional and Personal Development that includes:
- Explore career options and how to create an effective resume and cover letter
- Conduct a successful job search, and understand the interview process
- Basic computer programs including MS Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint and Windows
- Life Skills, Wellness Techniques, and Stress Management
The Six week portion of our program is followed by ongoing, individualized support until either employment or further education has been obtained.
- Be an unemployed Albertan
- Be age 55 to 64 (exceptions may be made for 50 - 54 and 65 years plus)
- Be ready, willing, and able to work
- Currently having difficulty securing employment
Approximate session start dates:
- August 7, 2017
- September 25, 2017
- October 2, 2017
- November 13, 2017
These services are at no cost to participants and are available to any Albertan needing assistance with their career. This program is currently available at the High River location.
The Province of Alberta is working in partnership with the Government of Canada to provide employment support programs and services.
Cost: No Cost
Duration: Six weeks with ongoing support upon completion. Location: Strathmore