Experience Counts: Targeted Initiative for Older Workers (TIOW)
Our Goal: To provide Strathmore and surrounding area mature workers with the opportunity to:
- Update their current skills in a supportive environment
- Attain and maintain their employment goals through informed decision making
- Build their confidence and increase their current skills
The Program: Six weeks of Professional and Personal Development that includes:
- Explore career options and how to create an effective resume and cover letter.
- Conduct a successful job search and understand the interview process
- Basic computer programs including: MS Word, Outlook, Excel, Power Point and Windows
- Life Skills, Wellness Techniques and Stress Management
- Be an unemployed or underemployed Albertan living in Strathmore or surrounding area
- Be of age 55 to 64 (exceptions may be made for 50-54 and 65 years plus)
- Be ready, willing and able to work
- Currently having difficulty securing employment
These services are at no cost to participants and are available to residents of Strathmore and surrounding areas needing assistance with their career. This program is currently available at the Strathmore location as well as at the High River location who serves residents of Okotoks, High River, MD of Foothills, Vulcan and Claresholm.
Duration: Location: Strathmore